Thursday, February 26, 2009

Book Reaction#1


Katina Scudder
Responding to Lit per 3

I would have to say that so far, my book is quite interesting to read. It's not something that I can't stop reading but when I get bored I've been picking it up once in a while. My book is the pre-quel story to the previous GossipGirl collection. It takes place in New York, NY. The whole book is based upon these very spoiled young teenagers attending their sophmore year within uni-sex schools. The main characters are Blair Waldorf, Nate Archibald, and Serena van der Woodsen who are all terribly close friends and seem to be attached by the hip. At this point in their lives, these teens are ready to embark in the social scene and basically party. There is a very dilemma that has occured; Blair and Serena have both fallen in love with their best friend Nate. They both are secretely in love with him and think about him almost every second of the day. It was really interesting to read how they both are so obsessed with him and get jealous of eachothers encounters with Nate. They both have fantasies of moving miles and miles away with Nate and being deeply in love together. Deep down, Blair, and Serena are innocent girls just trying to find love. As for Blair, she's a bit blunt, picky, and to be honest I don't really like her character. She makes the book a bit annoying to read sometimes because this girl is obnoxiously out of her mind and very self-centered. Serena on the other hand is more sociably and kind. She is drop dead gorgeous and she knows this but she is very modest in that sense opposite her bestfriend.
I haven't totally completed this novel but I intend on accomplishing that this week and I hope that Nate either falls in love with Serena and works that out because Blair is an obnoxious annoying persona and I do not know any guy who would tolerate her. There is also another character who falls in between these teens randevous. I am not sure yet how she is connected to this story but her name is Vanessa who is completely opposite to the gorgeously perfect Nate, the wealthy and beautiful Blair, and of course the model-perfect Serena van der Woodsen. She's an artsy and modest type of gal. She loves photography and hates school. Unfortunately for her, she has to attend the ultimate snobby/ ritzy all girls school with both Blair and Serena. I left off when Serena had finally sneaked a kiss in with Nate as they're having a sleepover with Blair. I hope things get juicier so I can enjoy this book more!


No comments:

Post a Comment